– gross motor skills
-fine motor skills
-Piaget’s preoperational stage- know it
-Vygotsky zpd, language, speech
– familiarize yourself with both memory and language development.
-Initiative vs Guilt
– Understanding the self and others
– emotions that pop up in this stage/self conscious emotions
– understanding and regulating emotions
– Morality- you need to know morality for both this chapter as well as Kohlberg in chapter 10
-Be familiar with the gender information
– birth order
– brain development
– Motor development
– Disabilities and ADHD
– Piaget’s concrete operational stage
– Intelligence- this is like half the chapter so it will be on the examJ
– Development of the self in Middle and late childhood
– Industry vs inferiority
– Emotional understanding changes and empathy
– Kohlberg’s Moral Stages
– Prosocial behavior
– Moral personality
– Peer changes, status, social cognition and bullying
Essay questions: pick 2 and they need to be at least a page and a half each.
- Why is play Important? What role does it play in childhood development?
- What is Creativity? What can we do to foster it in children and what are the positive outcomes of creativity?
- How does the “self” develop throughout early, middle and late Childhood?
- What is morality? How does moral behavior develop?